Today is the 29th of February and it will arrive again after 4 years. Here is my wish list of 10 things that I would like to see by 29th February, 2016:
1. World: The US would stop interfering in the matters of other countries and mind its own economy.
2. India: India would be free from poverty, illiteracy, and corruption.
3. Pune: The city continues to maintain its reputation of an educational and cultural centre.
4. Politics: No comments!
5. Economics: The share market would not be in such a dismal state.
6. Healthcare: The VIPs in India would stop going to foreign countries for medical treatment.
7. Technology: Apple would launch its products in India at same time as it does in other parts of the world.
8. Entertainment: Bollywood would stop copying
ideas, stories, scenes from Hollywood and Tollywood.
9. Sports: The Indian Cricket Team would not be dependent on some other team to lose a game in order to qualify to the next level.
10. Environment: People would act responsibly to save the environment!
What would you like to see changed by the next leap year?
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged 10, 10 things, 29, 29th, 29th February, Economics, entertainment, February, Healthcare, India, Leap, Leap Year, Politics, Pune, Sports, Technology, World
Cakes!!! An important part of any celebration!
I always wonder why the cakes for the 1st birthday celebration are of the same size as the kid!
One question you should never ask a lady – What’s your age? But, can I disclose it if I knew :-P
Now, how often does this happen? The grandmother and the grandchild’s birthday on the same day!
This one looks yumm!! More so because it from the Carlo’s Bakery!
This one’s really special – Our First Anniversary! And the little one is for my wife and my sister-in-law’s birthday! All are not on the same day but very close. So we thought of celebrating all together. After all, occasions are meant to be celebrated together, aren’t they?
Though Valentine’s Day is over, it is still the Valentine’s week and love is still in the air. So, I thought of writing something about it. Hope you all did express your feelings towards your loved ones; I did! Lets keep the debate – Why do we need a special day to celebrate love and express our feelings? for some other day. Today, lets talk about ‘expressing love’.
The feeling of love has remained more or less the same forever. What has changed is the way it is expressed. Take a glance at the transition of Bollywood love songs and you would know what I am talking about. And here I’m talking only about the lyrics, forget the visuals! I’m not going to cite examples of good and bad love songs (according to me). I’m going to talk about one of my favorite love song though.
The song is Door rehkar na karo baat karib aa jao from the movie Amaanat (1977). Thoughtfully written by Sahir Ludhianvi, beautifully composed by Ravi, and romantically sung by none other than my favorite singer, Mohd. Rafi.
The feelings in this song are so pure and sensuous at the same time, h0wever, miles away from being called vulgar!
Here are the lyrics in Hindi:
दूर रहकर ना करो बात करीब आ जाओ,
याद रह जाएगी य़ेह रात करीब आ जाओ।
एक मुद्दत से तमन्ना थी तुम्हे छूने की,
आज बस में नहीं जज़्बात करीब आ जाओ।
सर्द झोंको से भड़कते हैं बदन में शोले,
जान लेलेगी य़ेह बरसात करीब आ जाओ।
इस कदर हम से झिझकने की ज़रुरत क्या है?
ज़िन्दगी भर का है अब साथ करीब आ जाओ।
प्यार में नज़रें ही दिल की ज़ुबान होती हैं,
तुम समझकर मेरे जज़्बात करीब आ जाओ।
This is a written only for the male singer. However, I couldn’t resist from writing a couple of lines for the female counterpart. The last stanza is not a part of the original song; its written by me. Sorry about that Sahir Saahab! Hope I didn’t mess it up. Which is your favorite love song?
Posted in Mohd. Rafi, Music
Tagged Amaanat, Bollywood, Door rehkar, Expressing, Hindi, Love, Love song, Manoj Kumar, Mohd. Rafi, Music, Ravi, Romance, Romantic, Sadhana, Sahir, Song
1. Colorful crockery at a street-side stall, Khandala
2. Colorful balloons in a fun fair, Pune
3. Colorful footwear, FC Road, Pune
4. Cute footwear, FC Road, Pune
Posted in Photos
Tagged balloons, color, colour, crockery, fair, fc road, footwear, khandala, Pune, shopping, street
This gallery contains 12 photos.